Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Guangzhou - 16 April 2008

This morning, after having Chinese breakfast in hotel, we depart for Guangzhou by An Extremely Fast Train. I still remember, about my last trip to Shenzhen 4 years ago, we still have to travel 3 hours by train to Guangzhou, but now... according to my dad, it only takes 1 hour approximately. The tickets are about RMB 75 ( my father accidentally bought the 2nd class ticket), but the train is extremely nice, compared to the train 4 years ago. The new train is called GSRC , and we take it from Shenzhen Train Station. No kidding, the train runs on 201 km/h ( well, this is my first time boarding the train that runs for 200 km / h, but I noticed there are 400 km / h train in Shanghai).




After we arrived at my friend's house, I went to a bank to register a new account in China, for my future business purpose. After that, we went to Liu Hua to register as buyers at 103 rd Guangzhou Trade Fair by Guangzhou Metro (My friend told me that it's better to register in evening period, to skip the long queue). The MRT in Guangzhou is very nice, even compared with Singapore one. One tips if you want to visit the Guangzhou Trade Fair is that it's better if you ask for an E-pass from the Canton Fair Official Website, which can save you RMB 100 each person, and you must do this at least a week in advance.



Well, the site is so large, that it takes us 4 hours just to walk through 10 % of the whole exhibition site, and we are just focusing on garment site (as my father is doing garment accessories business), so I haven't had the chance to look at other sector. For those who cannot speak Chinese, there are lots of interpreters outside the exhibition site waiting to help, on a reasonable cost. But from what I noticed, most of the buyers that have decided to go for this exhibition, are able to speak in fluent Chinese, no matter they are from which part of the world. I 'm surprised, in order to do business with China, they are willing to learn Chinese language.



After a tiring walk throughout the garment site, we decided to come again tomorrow, to explore the rest of the garment site. O yeah, one tips for the buyers, please take a luggage with you when you explore the exhibition site, as you need it to keep all the brochures and catalogues that are given to you. Trust me for this, because for tomorrow, I'm taking one as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey

nice blog

just hoping you could add my blog to your blogroll and i will do the same for yours. Thanks

Heres the link

metsmagicteam.blogspot.com

thanks

Mike