Monday, March 3, 2008

My Travel Agent Business World

In a travel line industry, we usually have so much trips abroad, including sales trips, meeting suppliers overseas, inspection trips and so on. Just like now I'm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is already my second day here in Kuala Lumpur. The main reason for my business trip here is to tie up with a new wholesaler who can support us and act as our back office to sell new products to our market in my hometown. Well, Thank GOD the discussion going smooth, as we are given a chance to become their only affiliates in our hometown.

Travel line is all about networking. It's impossible for one company to cover up the whole world, and different company has different strengths and core competency.

For the first 2 years, I do travel a lot to neighbouring countries to set up and strengthen our network affiliates, which also means the budget for my travelling cost is quite high, but I think it's still worth it. During our first year, we are just doing so - so, but beginning on our second year, we come up with an agreesive plan, and I will say that it's the toughest year during our business process. One thing I learn from year 2 - year 3 is that it's not that difficult to start business, but to bring up the baby, we need to put a lot of efforts and focus into the business. And those are the time to see how strong are we in business world. Most of the people falls on this category. But once you have passed this phase, you will understand a lot of things regarding business world.

Besides discussing about the partnership, I also inspect some of the hotels in Kuala Lumpur. Well, I would say that Hotels in Kuala Lumpur really maintain their standards and qualities that can match up their pricing strategy. For example, when I visit Seri Cempaka Suites, I'm really surprised that the hotel is beyond our expactation. The price is 3 star pricing, but the facility is a 5 star category. Thumbs up for this hotel. I really recommend travellers to stay in this hotel. Details about the hotel can be accessed via www.cempakasb.com.my .

No comments: