Friday, March 7, 2008

My Business Trip going smooth

Thank God today is a holiday for me .... last 2 days was a stressful day, as I just got back from overseas and the workload is like hell. Anyway, today I m still proceed to office, although there is no one here, just to go on with my workload. So I don't have to be so stressful again on Saturday.

Well, the results for my overseas trip are quite smooth. Indeed, I manage to convince some of my suppliers to extend the rates only to me for my hometown market. Well, last time, I feel not easy to convince people for extending the exclusive contract only to our company. But, along with the time, I found out that there are certain point to make people convinced.

1. Never lie to your Suppliers
They will definitely know what's wrong with your speech and presentation. Be humble to them. Many of them also begin from small company, and they know it's pretty difficult to convince "THE BIG BOYS". Many of them want to give chances, as they know small players can grow into BIG BOYS as well.

2. Ask for a period of time to prove your performance
Asking for a period of time so that they can see what you are doing to push your sales, even although sometimes things are not as expected, but when they see your effort in pushing the sales, the next contract will still be extended to your company.

3. Keep posting with your suppliers every effort you make to push for your sales
Keeping them posted also means let them see your effort.

4. Give commitment on your words
Some contracts are cut-off in the middle, is simply because of suppliers saw that you have lost your commitment, you didn't do what you are expected to do, or in other words, you don't put enough effort on your business.

I cannot tell that the idea described above will guarantee your contract to be approve, but I can say that as guideline for negotiating with your suppliers. It works for me. Some of my suppliers even extend a better point inside the contract, beside what I have already asked for, for example, a good credit facility.

No comments: