Monday, March 3, 2008

My Starting Point

Hi All,

I start this blog to write down my life as a businessman. My name is Rudy Wijaya and I'm only 25 years old by 2008. Actually this is already my third year as a businessman, in a travel agent line. That means I m starting my first business when I was 22 years old, who indeed was lucky because I was just graduated from my Degree. The funny thing is that I was attending my graduation ceremony after my business ran for 5 months.

Well, to tell you the truth is I'm inspired for running business after reading my first copy of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Luckily, during my study, I was selling insurance as well, so I can say that from the insurance field, I learn a lot about selling "pieces of papers" that can cost about Millions of Rupiah to people who think they do not need any insurance at all. Well, in other words, the insurance field help me a lot on my first 2 years of doing business. It form my selling skills, which is the most important skills when you want to do business. O yeah, I forgot to mention that I am Indonesian, lived at the third largest city in Indonesia, Medan.

I cannot say that I'm already succesful in doing my business. The road is still long for me and my business to grow. But I would like to share the process of taking my business to an advanced level with you all, including the mistakes I have made, the knowledge and experiences I collected and the achievements I manage to get during the growing process of my business.

Using this blog, I would like to encourage young people to have the courage to start any business that they might prefer. Be dare to think different. Trust Me!!! It's a different world when you do business, compare to when you are working.

No comments: