Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Impact of Internet for Traditional Business

This morning when I chatted with one of my subagents, she complained to me about one of the famous hotel in Kuala Lumpur sell their rooms on internet with PRICES LOTS BELOW our current rates. Like I mentioned in my last blog regarding technologies, that Internet is becoming the best alternative way of communicating, pay bills online, and EVEN getting rid of middlemen.











Well, last time I expect the impacts of internet will only take effect on traditional business in another 3 to 5 years time, and the truth is internet is jeoparding traditional business NOW, at this moment I write about this blog. Especially in travel industry. I mean my hometown is the third largest city in Indonesia, and most of the people here still are not so familiar in Internet, due to the news of the highest fraud is in Indonesia, and most of them are not familiar with foreign languages.

But, still, the truth is that the minor users for internet are growing, and most of them helping those who are afraid or don't know what to do, to do online transactions.









My advice is, BEWARE of the internet impact's on your business, but the most important is ADAPT with the technology, because sooner or later, all business will be based on INTERNET, or, at least make use of INTERNET.

No comments: