Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Thing called "Lifelock"

Well, I think many of you haven't heard of Lifelock before. Well, I only manage to read about it today. After some browsing to some blogs, I notice there is an article about Lifelock, well, out of my curiousity, I checked on the site.



Lifelock is a website that offer the most advanced Identity Theft Protection to people. I think many of us have heard of our friend's ID has been hijacked to forge a new credit card, and in the end, it's being used by the hijacker to withdraw money or swapping your credit card for purchasing products. It is even more dangerous than hacking your credit card details through web. I mean if some people manage to steal your identity, and apply for a new credit card using your identity, then that person may have a "PHYSICAL CARD" under your name, and in the end they are just using your money to buy things.



Well, I would say the advertisement of the site is very interesting, in which the CEO of the company itself, exposing his own social numbers, to challenge anybody that can use his identity to forge a new credit cards. And they even offer a massive insurance if you sign up and become a member of this company. They are willing to pay you US$ 1 million to whoever identity being breached after they signed up with the company.



Well, although stealing identity has not been an issue in South East Asia (as the cracker still like to crack credit card details), but I would say careful to you all.. because this may be a new crime coming soon. So BEWARE and be PREPARED !!!



Find out how Lifelock can save your identity from being forged at http://www.lifelock.com/
Guys, aren't you guys thinking of applying this technology to Asia as well?

No comments: